.. I wish more friends from Europe and US were here to support these proud people. They need it. And above all they deserve it!
What Tahrir Square (as a symbol for the entire country of Egypt) is teaching me these days is:
- Why elections right now doesn’t make any sense at all, they simply would strengthen SCAF
- Western governments still haven’t learnt how to handle the uprises in the Arab world – the are still supporting SCAF and they are lusting for elections! They still rely on systems they know …
- Transition needs time. Just think about how long it took to re-unite East and West after the fall of the Berlin Wall (in peace). It took them decades to stand up against Mubarak, give them time and let them grow!
- Building something new from the scratch can’t be done in a week, not even in a year. So build and support structures in which this new system can emerge! Think differently from what we’ve done in the past.
- Let the people participate. Right from the beginning. It’s their country and they aren’t walking blind.
- If Egypt will succeed, sooner or later the entire Arab world will follow.
I’ve picked 2 picts from a serie of Egypt Protest photos, published on Cryptome.