John Battelle interviewed Google CEO Eric Schmidt at the Web 2.0 Expo keynote this morning. I summarized the highlights. You can also videostream the interview.
- Google announces Presentations add-on for Docs & Spreadsheets.
- Eric denies Google’s competing with Microsoft Office here. Battelle didn`t buy it. Massive applause for John.
- On DoubleClick/YouTube acquisitions: advertisers want a single source where their ad dollars can be allocated automatically across all media. Do advertisers really want this?
- On Performics: no decisions made yet. But he didn’t explicitly deny the possibility of spinning it off.
- Schmidt got a kick out of Microsoft, AT&T claiming antitrust issues with the DoubleClick buy. His simple take on the accusers: »They’re wrong.«
- Eric loves Net Neutrality. Applause.
- Acquisitions: Eric can’t say specifically, but he said the hot growth areas are mobile and local.
- Big issue: data portability
eric-schmidt.mov @ ulrikereinhard.blogr.de